Wellbeing of healthcare workers and Veterans during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Project Summary: The aim of this project is to longitudinally quantify the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the health and wellbeing of healthcare workers (HCWs) and Veterans. The study will examine psychological distress, perceived social support, family functioning, loneliness, and positive mental health; identify the degree of workplace stress and moral distress/challenges experiences by HCWs; and identify the potential long-lasting impact of COVID-19 pandemic on HCWs and Veterans.
- Principal Investigator: J. Don Richardson, The MacDonald Franklin OSI Research Centre
- Co-Investigators: Patrick Smith, Fardous Hosseiny, and Gabrielle Galley, Centre of Excellence on PTSD and Related Mental Health Conditions; Viraj Mehta, St. Joseph’s Health Care; Arlene MacDougall, Western University; Ruth Lanius, Western University; Maya Roth and Michelle Marlborough, St. Joseph’s Health Care – Operational Stress Injury Clinic; Anthony Nazarov, Callista Forchuk, Erisa Deda, Rachel Plouffe, Vanessa Soares, and Kate St. Cyr, MacDonald Franklin OSI Research Centre
- Partners: The Macdonald Franklin OSI Research Centre, St. Joseph’s Health Care Centre, Western University
- Advisory Group: Yes
CIPSRT – supporting public safety personnel
- Project Summary: The Centre of Excellence on PTSD and Related Mental Health Conditions has co-created resources, which captures the needs of Veterans and their families, frontline first responders, and public safety leaders to help support them in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Partners: The Canadian Institute for Public Safety Research and Treatment (CIPSRT)
- Advisory Group: No
COVID-19 resource directories
- Project Summary: The Centre of Excellence on PTSD and Related Mental Health Conditions has created two COVID-19 resource directories, containing Veteran-specific and non-specific wellness resources for individuals and organizations.
- Partners: N/A
- Advisory Group: No
- Directories: COVID-19 Resource Directory: Promoting and Maintaining Veteran Wellness During COVID-19 (For Veterans, Veteran Families, and Service Providers who serve Veterans); COVID-19 Resource Directory: Providing Care to Veterans during COVID-19 (For Organizations that serve Veterans)